12/15/2010

Follow Your Dreams Painted Chair

This was an old wooden folding church chair (I did not take a before picture) that I picked up at a garage sale for $1. Initially, I had decided to paint it for my son. It has slats on the back and seat and was a really dirty piece that needed a bit of work and a lot of love. I painted it black, then painted the back to look like the sky with a saying of, "Always remember to follow your dreams...".  The seat is a scene of an old cabin in the woods by a pond. I thought just perfect for my son.

When I was finished, hubby said that my son would not like it, so I sold it instead and painted a different wooden chair to look like camouflage for my son.



Later, I showed a picture of this chair to my son and he loved it so I painted this same picture for him on a board to hang on the wall instead. The hubby is usually right about what my son likes and doesn't but that time I think he was wrong. Terry
Linking up to:
Kim's Boring to Better Party
DIY Weekly Showcase Party
Meg's Everything but the Kitchen Sink 
Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday 
Dana's Strut your Stuff Saturday
Donna's Saturday Nite Special 
Jane's Frugalicious Friday
Stephanie Lynn's Sunday Showcase Party 
Cassie's Piece of Work  Wednesday

10 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,
    I love the chair....it's amazing.....
    Very creative and original.
    Have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year.
    Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone just gave me a chair like this. (I get the left overs AFTER the garage sale for free.)Now I know what to do with it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this chair. It must have been difficult with those slats. Did you spray paint the base or use a brush? The scene is beautiful...you are a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, I brushed on all the paint on this chair, including the base. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terry...You top yourself and each every day. I am always so impressed with everything you do!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this chair- you are so creative! Love the message, love the finish. Love the chair! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this chair and the saying and the painting... if you'll ever make a tutorial for it, come link it up with us in our DIY tutorial parties.

    Rose
    http://www.finecraftguild.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, glad I saw it over at the Sunday Showcase, am going to browse your blog a bit now (2 many b's??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have quite the painting talent! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you can join my vintage tag giveaway going on now! Merry Christmas!
    alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes me smile to hear from you!

09 10